For those of you looking for a midweek pick-me-up, look no further. We’re feeling a little jealous of kids on summer break, so we’re taking a mental vacation this morning to bring you some playful picks on our current wishlist.
1. SMP’s funfetti cake and icing ice cream recipe really has us drooling. On second thought, It calls for three hours of prep time, so perhaps we’ll head to Baskin-Robbins instead.
2. I “invested” in some heart-shaped sunglasses while C and I were at Mardi Gras in New Orleans this spring (see proof here, although C’s pearl sunglasses take the cake). While the pink pair above are the epitome of fun, Nordstrom also provides an every day alternative. I totally admit I’ve worn them many times since.
3. A few months ago I stumbled across a college-town bar that had an over-sized set of Jenga blocks. Needless to say, I was hooked. CB2 sells an grown-up version of the game. They call them tumbling towers, but we all know it as Jenga (we’re onto you CB2).
4. There’s a special place in my heart for Kate Spade’s graphic clutches. Who knew a clutch could make you laugh and be so chic all at once. Thanks to C, I have my own personal Arm Candy.
5. Loving how See by Chloe turns orange into a neutral with this sandal.
6. A little color therapy can really brighten one’s mood. Nasty Gal does just that with this silky watercolor shift, plus we’re head over heels for the exposed rose gold zipper in the back.
7. These Tory Burch studs make the perfect gift for someone with a summer birthday. I like to shop with the one pair for you, one pair for me mentality ;)
8. My usual problem with DIYs is that everything I craft ends up looking homemade. Style Me Pretty Living provides a wealth of DIY ideas that look sleek and store bought, like this abstract painting DIY.
Hope you’re surviving the work week. Don’t forget to have a little fun!